One-to One Spanish Lessons in Dublin
We specialise in Private Spanish Lessons in Dublin and surrounding areas, for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. We also offer kids Spanish lessons at various levels and Spanish grinds for secondary school exam students.
Whilst we specialise in one-to-one classes for learning Spanish with maximum focus on the individual, we also offer Spanish lessons for small groups at special discounted rates per class, for those who prefer group-learning. Click here to View Pricing.
Reasons to Learn Spanish:
- Spanish is the 3rd most widely spoken language in the world after English and Chinese
- It is the 2nd most widely spoken language in the USA
- Spanish is spoken in more countries than any other language
- Spanish is the official language in Spain, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, México, Nicaragua, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, and Venezuela
- Spain is one of the most popular travel destinations for European holiday makers and as they say: “when in Rome… do as the Romans do”.
- In this case, when in Spain, it’s nice be able to speak a little Spanish
- Being able to ask for ‘una cerveza’ or ‘la cuenta’ when you are on a night out in Spain is always cool, and the staff will appreciate that you made the effort
- Understanding the different culture – you don’t need to say “por favor” as much as we would say “please”. In fact, it’s more polite to say “quiero una cerveza” (I want a beer), than “una cerveza, por favor” (a beer, please).
- Spanish is relatively easy to learn compared to other languages because:
- It is phonetic: once you know how to pronouce the letters you can generally guess correctly how to pronounce a word (compared to English where it varies greatly and the cortrect pronunciation just needs to me memorised)
- Spanish is relatively easy for English speakers to learn because there are many similar sounding words. This is because Spanish and English evolved from the same lineage (Latin: although English was also influenced by the Germanic lineage)
- Spanish is the second most popular language for music lyrics after English. Don’t miss the opportunity to understand what Enrique Iglesias or Shakira are singing about (when they sing in Spanish).
- And the same goes for movies or TV series. It’s fun to understand what Sofia Vergara saying in Modern Family when she goes off on one of her Spanish rants. Being able to decipher what the Latin girls in Orange is the New Black are saying without reading the subtitles make it even more fun to watch.
- Spanish, Portuguese and Italian all come from romantic languages. For this reason they are really similar to each other. If your learn Spanish, it will be so much easy for you understand the other two
- There are many classic Spanish authors and it’s always good to read a classic book in the original language in which it was written, e.g. Don Quijote
- There are many different cultures to discover in the various Spanish speaking countries, and with a good knowledge of the language under your belt, you can truly discover these countries
- For example, traditions and culture in Mexico differ greatly from Spain
- Life in Chile is very different to either of the above
- And Bolivia and Argentina are worlds apart despite sharing a border
- But one thing is true of them all: great food, great music and dancing traditions, and very interesting culturally
Learn Spanish in Dublin
Tutoring a new language is not only about teaching skill, vocabulary or grammar. Tutoring should focus on your own requirements based on your circumstances. By understanding why you want to learn Spanish we can structure your lessons to more accurately address your needs.
For that reason, we like to teach Spanish on a one-to-one basis or in small groups. We conduct one-to-one Spanish lessons in your home or and in case of small groups, the class can be done in one of your homes. We can work according to your schedule with whatever number of hours per week works for you.
Before starting Spanish Lessons with us, we set up an initial phone call with you, where we can discuss what timetable and learning methods will work best for you. After that we make an initial evaluation and we prepare all the material based of your level and your requirements before commencing your semester.
If you have any further questions about Spanish Lessons with Marta, please feel free to contact us.